Joomla Module – Easy File Uploader
Easy File UploaderCopyright: Michael A. Gilkes License: GNU/GPL v2
- Joomla 1.5 or 1.7 or 2.5
- PHP 5.3+
Version 2.0 maintains Security Release status. If you use a version earlier than 0.6, you need to upgrade immediately. See changelog.txt for change log details.
This is a flexible file upload module. It allows the administrator to specify a destination folder, and allows the user to upload files to it. The administrator can also specify how many files that can be uploaded simultaneously, as well as the text in the front end. You can even have more then one module of its kind on the same page.
Download (Valor Apps):
- Upload files to a specified folder in the root directory.
- Specify the maximum file size permitted to tbe uploaded.
- Specify the types of files, by MIME type, that are permitted.
- Customize the upload label and submit button texts.
- Specify the background color of the results block to match your theme.
- Upload multiple files simultaneously (Up to a maximum of 10)
- Customize your front end text
- Customize your file input variable, which allows to have multiple modules on a single page
- Provide the front-end user with the option to replace existing files on upload
- Option to save files in username subfolders
- Displays MIME Detection Compatibility in Module Manager
Known Issues:This module is designed to work on PHP 5.3+. If you have an earlier version of PHP, it should still work but you may encounter issues with detecting the MIME type of the uploaded file. This depends on your server setup, as it should work fine if PHP is allowed to call the exec function. See the support site for further details and considerations.
Support and Documentation:
Please visit the digital store for documentation:
- Jeff Channell – providing the code fix for the MIME type tamper vulnerability