Disclaimer: This article did not originate from me. I found it on a piece of paper I had in an old folder. I don’t recall where I got it from. Anyways, I thought I would share it to help others.
We’ve all done it. So, here is how to do it better:
- Accept that you have chosen to cram and do it well!!!
- You cannot learn it all, it’s too late, so…
- spend 25% of your time learning new material
- spend 75% drilling yourself on that material
- Make a plan
- determine how much time you have
- determine what you will commit to memory during that time
- Use flashcards
- Recite ad nauseam
- Relax – you will be able to do this because you have already accepted your choice to cram.
- Negative thinking will destroy your efforts
- avoid comparing yourself to others
- avoid using words like: should, can’t, never, don’t
- start using words like: will, can, have, do
- Cramming is not beneficial when trying to commit knowledge to long term memory